Keeping the Arts has announced over $9,000 of financial support for several K-12 arts education programs in Oregon as a result of funds raised at the 2017 Portland Creative Conference. Including the new grants, Keeping the Arts has distributed over $105,000 to support such programs.
Programs selected to receive financial support from 2017 Portland Creative Conference proceeds (so far) are:
- $1,500 to the Beaverton Education Association to support their Art Day On-the-Go program
- $2,500 to the Oregon Old Time Fiddlers Association to support their West Cascades Fiddle Camp and Workshops
- $2,500 to the Corban Theater Arts Camp to provide scholarships for students in grades 6-12 to attend their summer theater camp
- $1,759 to Regis High School to support their Fine Arts Program
- $831 to Molalla High School to support their Student-directed One Act Plays
Congratulations to all of our grant recipients. We appreciate the impact your arts programs have on the youth in your community!
The KTA Board will continue to evaluate grant opportunities that will draw on the funds raised from the Portland Creative Conference. Any qualified K-12 arts education program in Oregon can apply for a grant from KTA.
For details on all past recipients, see our grants listing.